Talk to God

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Belonging


As I talk to God I come to the realization of who I am and I have a sense of belonging.

I also have a sense of great peace.  I remember my dad talking about peace a lot when I was a teenager.  I couldn’t figure out what the big deal was about peace.  At that time I was into excitement and challenges.  Peace was about the farthest thing from my mind.  The older I get, the more I realize the importance of God’s peace.  Part of belonging is being in God’s peace and love. 

Song of Solomon 7:10 (NASB) says:
I am my beloved’s,
And His desire is for me.

As I sit with God and we talk, I experience God’s desire for me.  It is like a hot burning fire. 
It’s the same for you.  Regardless of what you’ve done or how much time you’ve previously spent with God, His desire is for you.  God loves you and pursues you with relentless passion.  God desires to spend time with you.  

You are God’s beloved.
His desire is for you.

As you begin to understand belonging to God, you can insert your name into Song of Solomon 7:10:
______ is My beloved.
My desire is for ______.

God is waiting for you to come.  His desire is for you because you are His beloved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment