Talk to God

Monday, December 12, 2011

Authentic Conversations


I am writing a book entitled, Talk to God, and the title pretty much gives a big clue about the content of the book.  When people find out I am writing a book and they hear the title, they ask if it’s about prayer.  Well, yes and no.  It IS about talking to God, but it is NOT about prayer as in the traditional sense.  It is about different ways we can talk to God, but it’s also about how to really communicate with God. In other words, it’s about authentic conversation with God.

I love authentic conversations with God and with people.  I don’t mean just talking with someone.  Authentic conversation involves sharing your soul with another person, and speaking heart to heart.  It’s the kind of conversation that only happens once in a while.  It also usually happens when you least expect it. 

I unexpectedly had an authentic conversation with someone today.  Right in the middle of a busy day, I had a great conversation with someone and we really connected.  There is a saying, “Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breath away.”  Today I was reminded authentic conversations are where real life happens. So, have you had any unexpected authentic moments lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment